Thursday, May 3, 2012

Funny Pictures

Here are a group of pictures taken over the last couple of weeks.  
In no particular order and with no common theme.

One night last week, the children were giving us grief as we were trying to get them ready and into bed.  It was exhausting, for us and them, and in an effort to mix things up a bit and give us something different to think about, I pulled out new summer pajamas I had purchased a while ago and which were sitting on a shelf in Brandt's closet.  

"New summer jams! New summer jams!" I called out to both of them.  They were so excited, put them right on (no struggle at all), and then readily posed for a picture.  The rest of the evening went smoothly.  Too bad we can't pull something new or novel out of the parenting hat every night to aid with the bedtime routine.


Any idea what this might be?  It is two slices of apple and two small carrots under the living room couch.  What are they doing there, you might ask?  Blythe hid them there, then brought me her empty plate saying, "I finished all my lunch," so that I would give her an egg from her Easter basket (yes, I have been parceling them out for weeks).  I found them two days later, well on their way to shriveling up.

This is either a self-portrait of Blythe with partial view of her face and a lot of view of our ceiling, or it is a picture of the ceiling and Blythe's head got in the way.  And the one below is also a Blythe work, taken within the same minute, of the family room.  Odd angle, both of them.


Check out Blythe's sense of fashion.  She picked out this whole ensemble all by herself, and this is what she wore to Lydia's baptism.  I couldn't tell her to change her clothes because Blythe really is able to carry off the look with style and grace.

This round little sparrow was sitting in the Japanese maple tree right outside our house.  This tree is next to the front porch and the front door, and is framed by a window at the bottom of the stairs.  The bird was happily chirping away one morning and I found it charming.

Cruz was over one morning playing with Blythe while Brandt was at school.  I was cleaning the kitchen when I heard them knocking on the sliding glass door.  I opened the door, and they both pulled these beautiful dandelions out from behind their backs.  Isn't that sweet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment