Tuesday, October 25, 2011

We Make A Start

We finally got into our new house yesterday.  With the able help of my sister, Mikayla, we immediately began ripping up carpet.  Pink and teal carpet.  Dirty, stinky, pink and teal carpet.  I was so happy to see it go.  I'm also so sore, especially my hands.  Before we move in we are going to paint, and by "we" I mean we, Kent and I.  The whole house.  We are also installing hardwood on the main floor, although the "we" there means someone else.  I'll write a check.  And we are getting new carpet.  There are lots of other things I want to do, in the kitchen, bathrooms, and the laundry room, but we'll get to those eventually, after we move in.

I wanted some "before" shots of the house, but as you can see, 
I sort of forgot until over half the carpet in this room was already ripped up.  
Love that teal!
Goes with everything.

This pink sculpted carpet is fantastic too.
Not only did we rip up the carpet, we have been removing the tack, the floorboards, and that awesome chair rail.  

This is the room after we'd torn everything out.  
I'm so excited to paint!
Any suggestions on colors?
I'm definitely going bold.

Here is all the carpet and padding.
Yeah!
Although I am sore, I have already found it tremendously satisfying to work hard and see the results.
Tomorrows task: vacuum and wash walls.

6 comments:

  1. So exciting!! It's nice that you get to get it done before you move in too. I love the way paint (and hardwood) change a room, you're are going to have so much fun (after all the work is done of course). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! This looks awesome!! I think you should have at least one red room... remember when I helped you paint before? I can help agaaaain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say do a great grey for your neutral, if any! And of course other fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Katherine! This part is so exciting! Sorry to see the teal and pink go, I'm sure they'll be missed;-) Can't wait to see the after pictures!

    ReplyDelete