Wednesday, October 19, 2011

And So . . .

The children love it when we tell them stories.  They are fairly demanding, wanting specific stories at specific times.  Here are a few current examples.

On the way to school, Kent must tell Brandt wizard stories, wherein Brandt is a very powerful wizard who helps others and saves the day with his skills (becoming invisible, flying, zapping bad guys).  As they walk out the door to school, Brandt will say, "And so . . . " expecting Kent to launch right in before they are even off the porch.

Blythe likes the story of Little Red Riding Hood.  Whenever I wear my bike ride t-shirts, she wants me to tell her the story.  Brandt likes this one too.  Both of them will say, "I'm the chopper man!" (the woodsman who saves Little Red).  Blythe can tell the story along with me, especially when we get to the "My, what big ears you have Granny," parts.  

Another favorite story for both children is when I inadvertently locked Brandt in the car when he was only 18 months old and we were in Las Vegas for World of Concrete.  It is a story full of excitement, fear, and a brave rescue by the paramedics above.  This story is so gripping they will sometimes ask me to tell them again, immediately after I finished.  

And so . . . if you are in need of some entertainment, come on over and we'll tell you a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment