Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Canning

I have had the ward dry pack canner in my garage for years.  I can't even remember when it came to be here, but it seems to have taken up permanent residence.  I should probably tell someone where it is.  I'm glad, however, that I have it, because it serves as a reminder that I should be canning, and that I should be using that which is already in cans.

Last week I had Brandt help me with a canning project.  I purchased 100 pounds of various pastas a while back, and I only recently discovered that the pasta is just in a plastic bag in a box.  I decided I needed to do something a bit more permanent with it, so I put it all (well, most of it; I ran out of cans) in #10 cans.  Brandt loves to work the canner, but he also loves to fill cans, put in the oxygen packs, and put the lids on.  He was very helpful.  Blythe was too--she took a long nap.  When I recounted this to Kent, he said, "From each according to his abilities."  Too true.



No comments:

Post a Comment