Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Partying

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and in honor, I made green breakfast.  I put food coloring in scrambled eggs and waffle mix, and well as the orange juice which sort of turned a puce color.  The eggs looked so gross, but we ate them anyway.  In hindsight, I should have put spinach in the eggs and made green smoothies, only I didn't think about it soon enough so had no spinach to make either.  Oh well.  Next year.

Puce juice, green eggs, egg tinted waffles.

Today we gathered with all the DeMartini cousins for a little party.  We decorated sugar cookies, had a scavenger hunt, and then played I Spy.  As usual, the cookie decorating was out of control.  There were copious amounts of sprinkles applied to the cookies, such that it was hard to distinguish cookie from decoration.  Tysen had the children running all over the house and yard, hunting for a pot of treats they found in the play house outside.  I had intended on buying a small leprechaun to hide for the game, but as with breakfast ingredients, I didn't plan ahead, and so we used a small green tractor instead.  I instructed everyone to look for the tractor but not tell anyone else when they had found it, but in their excitement, almost everyone shrieked, "I found it!" and pointed as soon as they saw it.  Everyone ended up outside driving around the cul-de-sac.  A good time was had by all.










Our seekers waiting in the laundry room while I hide the tractor.





I do wish someone was watching where they were going.

No comments:

Post a Comment