Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pie My Eye

Grandpa George's birthday was on Saturday.  We gathered to celebrate.  George requested a lemon meringue pie which I made, as well as two others, a peanut butter chocolate and an apple.  They were good!  I think the meringue looks perfect.  It was nearly a disaster, but I managed to salvage it.  When the crust was just out of the oven, I had it in my hand and was reaching for a cooling rack when it slipped.  I caught it against the cupboard and then called desperately for Kent to come help me.  We righted it.  Only a small section of the edge had broken loose.  I figured with the lemon filling and the meringue, it would stay together and no one would be the wiser.

Enter Blythe.  She zeroed right in on the broken bit of crust and ate it before I was even aware she was in the kitchen.  When I got the meringue on, however, it was all fine.  I thought it might slip off and ooze a bit, but it stayed in place.  It was tasty too.  The peanut butter chocolate was rich and yummy.  It was the first time I made it, but it was a good recipe and I will likely make it again.  The apple pie was also delish.  Yum, yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment