Thursday, November 30, 2023

A Visit From Santa

Mikayla arranged to have Santa come and visit the DeMartini family. We gathered at Christopher and Tysen's house for a visit from the man in red, to play games, and to have fun snacks and hot chocolate. I was in charge of games, or activities. I'd seen several fun games on Instagram and chose a couple for us to play. I got lots of treats and small gifts that I put under large red Solo cups, rested them upside down on a piece of paper to which I attached a long string. I put all of the strings in the middle of one big Solo cup and had every person choose a string and pull. They got whatever was underneath the cup. Everybody really liked it. We started with the youngest child, Thea, and worked our way up. We then made small ornaments out of plastic cups. In much the way that a Shrinky Dink works, we used sharpies to draw on the cups, then melted them in the oven under the broiler. Roundish shapes with wonky designs were the result. We attached ribbon to all of them and sent them home to put on the tree. I also brought snowman bingo. It was a fun evening being together.









No comments:

Post a Comment