Sunday, June 4, 2023

Squirrel!

We have a squirrel in the backyard. We were alerted to this fact by the dog. Several times over the past couple of days, Moo Moo has stood at the door to the backyard and looked out, transfixed by something. She has stood outside, gazing transfixately at the clematis. I have been unconvinced that she has been staring at the clematis in admiration, but wondered what she was staring at. 

Yesterday, we saw a furry creature run along the steps down onto the patio and dart into the yard. I always worried it was a rat, which we do occasionally have in the backyard, but the tail was bushier. After some intense looking of my own, I discovered it was a squirrel. I don't mind having a squirrel in the backyard, as long as it is not building a nest somewhere close by or trying to get into the house and take up comfy warm residence in blankets stored in the basement. But squirrels are significantly larger than mice, so I probably don't need to worry about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment