Friday, June 5, 2020

Our Birthday Girl

Blythe turned twelve today. 

How to adequately describe our birthday girl? I was going to make her a word cloud that I would print on pretty paper and frame, but I thought of the idea too late and ran out of time to make it happen. Maybe for Christmas. But I asked family for words that they associated with Blythe, and I will use those to describe her.

A budding vocabularist, intelligent, creative, decorator, stylish, independent, determined, curious, nurturing, compassionate, helpful, capable, slender, svelte, willowly, sylphlike, clever, good-humored, kind, smart, helpful, tall, creative, sassy, spunky, imaginative, stunning, lively, joyous, decisive, mischievous, strong willed, spunky, loving, beautiful, spunky, energetic, funny. To these I would add sensitive, popular, personable, bright, happy, and contrary.

Blythe decided she wanted to have an outdoor movie night birthday, with popcorn, candy, and cold drinks. She wanted to watch Once I Was a Beehive and have lots of people come. As we were going to be outside, I said a group was fine, and I set Kent and Brandt the job of getting audio/visual stuff put together. Blythe and I had purchased all the treats earlier in the week, so we had Life Savers, Skittles, pretzel M&Ms, and Oreos along with popcorn with lots of butter. Girls arrived, they laid out blankets, Blythe opened presents, and then we waited for it to get dark enough to see the movie. The girls didn't seem to mind that they could just chill and chat as they waited, but they all enjoyed the movie. We didn't finish until 11:00pm, which was awfully late, but parents were good sports and the girls had a marvelous time.

I think Blythe had a good day, and we are certainly glad we could celebrate her!

Top: MiaBella, Maggie, Blythe, Anna, Makenna
Middle: Addie, McKenna, Elizabeth


Bottom: Emma, Lilly, Wren, Shaylee, Lizzie, Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment