Sunday, June 21, 2020

Happy Father's Day!

De. My dad. He was a big guy. He was physically big--tall and broad, with big personality and a big heart. He drew people to him, in spite of his somewhat scary exterior. He was generous to a fault, loved his grandchildren more than he loved his children (if that was even possible), and was committed--to family, God, and country. I've never met anyone like him and I miss him BIG TIME.


George. Kent's dad. What a good man. George placed God at the forefront of his life, serving faithfully throughout his life. He willingly gave his time, talents, and means to building the Kingdom, and was committed--to family, God, and country. He went about doing good and loved others. He blessed my/our lives immearsurably.


Kent. Our very own family dad. Kent is beyond compare. He serves and serves and serves--family, friends, strangers. He is patient and kind, loves us and shows it. He sees the good, is the good, does the good. Before we were married, I realized that I wanted Kent on my team. So I used all my powers of seducation to win his heart and get him to marry me. And although he came to marriage and parenthood late, he does both beautifully. 


Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment