Sunday, February 23, 2020

Nearly an Eagle

Tonight we had a scout Court of Honor and awarded four boys in our ward their Eagle Scout.  Brandt received a whole bunch of merit badges and needs only finish his eagle project to be finished.  Connor Phillips, who received his award, had worked with an organization that rescues animals, and Mike Phillips worked it so that they brought a golden eagle to the court of honor.  It was a beautiful bird and the man who handles her told us all about her and eagles in general.  It was a really great evening and I was on the verge of tears the whole time.  I really, really, really want Brandt to get his Eagle, and I'm really, really, really concerned it won't happen.  I wanted to finish up in the fall, but Brandt couldn't decide on a project, then two we had thought of fell through, and I ran out of time with other stuff that needed my attention.  So here we are at the end of February, the Boy Scouts are filing bankruptcy, and I was overwhelmed thinking we'd missed our chance.  But Kent has assured me we can get it done, and we're committed to making carnival games for the Rock Canyon Extravaganza, so it will happen.  Soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment