Friday, February 7, 2020

Lunch Date


My mom, together with Mikayla and most of her children, came to have lunch with me today. I only get a half hour lunch and it was chilly out, so we sat in the car, I ate quickly, and we talked and laughed together. I really, really, really, really miss these people since I went to work. It's only been two weeks, but to have gone from seeing them every day to hardly seeing them at all has been a rough adjustment. I sit at work and think about all the other things I could be doing--driving Cora to school, doing laundry with Kal, playing with my sister and my mom--and I'm a bit sad. We were all very happy to see each other today. And to make it even better, Mikayla brought me pomegranate chicken from Molly's. Delicious food and the best possible company make for a perfect lunch date!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment