Saturday, February 8, 2020

Bake Sale

I got home from work today and found Blythe, Lilly and Emma Bradford, and Elizabeth Stovall in a baking flurry in the kitchen.  They wanted to have a bake sale and were preparing a variety of offerings.  They had made frosted sugar cookies, brownies, and Rice Krispie Treats, and they wanted me to put out a message on the neighborhood Google group and let people know they would be open for yummy sales at 2:30pm.  People were very supportive and came and bought their goods, thrilling them as the monies rolled in.  They sold their last three cookies about 3:30, and were ready to dash off and entertain themselves.  I, however, looked around the kitchen and gave them two options.  They could clean up the enormous mess they had made themselves, or they could pay me to do it.  They cleaned themselves.  Here's to friends and fun activities!

I don't know where Elizabeth went; sadly, she's not in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment