Saturday, January 21, 2017

A BIG Round Number

Wednesday was Kent's birthday.  His BIG FAT 60th birthday.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  How did the guy I married suddenly get so old?  Don't tell him I said that.  He never reads this blog, so until it gets transferred into the blog book, he'll never know I said he was old.  Although I have said he's old.  Because my heck! 60 is old!  Kent was in Las Vegas at World of Concrete this week, so we couldn't celebrate with him.  Lee and others took him to the buffet at Mandalay Bay which is always nice, but the kids and I missed out on that.  Tonight, in real celebration, I threw him a party, complete with invited guests not related to us and lots of delicious food.  We visited, ate, and then sang to him before cutting the chocolate cake I very nearly forgot to make.  Mikayla was here helping me get ready, and had she not been here, it would have been bad.

Kent is an amazing man.  He is a fantastic dad, very attentive and a bit too lenient.  He loves to be with the kids and has much more patience than I do.  He thinks they are amazing people and treats them that way.  He is a great husband, always serving me, always willing to help, always doing stuff around the house.  He is faithful to the gospel and the Lord, is a diligent home teacher and servant, and looks for ways to lift those around him, especially those who might be marginalized or ignored by the majority.  He is principled and good, passionately opinionated, and a true intellectual (though he would probably disagree with that).  He makes me laugh and pushes me to be better.  He is generous and willing to give of himself, his time, talents, and means.  He is A Number One Primo Good.  Happy day, dear Kent!



No comments:

Post a Comment