Friday, March 21, 2014

Artistry

I signed the kids up for thing at BYU called Art Buddies.  Once a week for eight weeks they go to BYU for an hour to do art with art education students.  Both Brandt and Blythe have loved it.  I knew Blythe would; she was super, super, super excited even before they went the first time.  Brandt, on the other hand, was very reluctant and right up to the time we got in the car to go the first day was still saying to me, "I don't want to go."  I explained what they were doing the first two weeks, and he agreed to give it a try.  When I picked them up, he had changed his tune.  It has been super fun and I have even signed them up for a four day program in the summer.

All the art production at BYU has caused Blythe to realize that she is woefully under art supplied, at least in her mind.  She has been telling Kent for some time that she needs an easel to really do fine art work.  Yesterday she and I drove up to Ikea to get her and Brandt both an easel and other supplies.  They have got great stuff for not much money, and I was happy to make the drive so that we wouldn't have to hear any more about it (Blythe can be relentless about things, driving me to the point of madness.  If you hear I've been committed, she will be why.).

Once we got the easels home and assembled, creation began at a fevered pitch.  Blythe painted four rather sizable works that she stacked on a chair near me saying, "I'll just leave these here so you can take them upstairs and hang them on your wall."  If production continues at the same rate for any period of time, our bedroom is going to end up papered all over.

Une artiste et son oeuvre.


Is Brandt photo bombing himself?


No comments:

Post a Comment