Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fairy Princess Nails

Blythe's little friend Cailin turned five today and had a princess party.  We got the invitation last week, and every day since, Blythe has asked me how many more days until Cailin's party.  This morning she was so excited that the day had finally arrived, and all afternoon she asked, "Is it time to go to Cailin's party yet?"  Four o'clock didn't arrive soon enough.

My friend Heidi gave Blythe some press-on fairy fingernails for her birthday, and since then, Blythe has been looking for an appropriate time to use them.  She felt that today's birthday party was the moment, so shortly before we were to leave, I helped her put on her fairy fingernails.  I told her they would feel weird and she wouldn't be able to do anything with them on, but she assured me several times during the application that they didn't feel strange at all and "look what I can do with them on!" as she clicked her nails against the counter.  Unfortunately, Blythe didn't have her shoes on when we began, so she had to try and get her shoes on with her long (and lovely!) nails.  Several fell off, there were frustrated cries and nearly tears, I helped with the shoes and then she was done with then.  I think they lasted, all ten, as long as it took me to take her picture, get her shoes on, and for her to try and hold the birthday present.  About two and a half minutes.  Then we took them off, put them back in the package, and went to the party.

Beautiful, glamorous, and very grown up, for a very short time.




No comments:

Post a Comment