Sunday, September 22, 2013

I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me

Each week in Primary the children have the opportunity to share how they know Heavenly Father loves them and then stick a puffball into a glass jar.  Throughout the year our puffball jar has been filling.  Sometimes, especially in junior Primary, the things the children say are fairly redundant.  Each week several kids say "He created the trees," or "He gave me a family," or even "I make my bed."

Today Blythe stood and shared this sweet experience that made tears well up in my eyes.  She said, "I know Heavenly Father loves me because I have been learning to ride my bike without training wheels and I have been scared of crashing.  But I said a prayer to Heavenly Father to help me do it, and I was able to do it."

I really want our children to know that they can turn to Heavenly Father for help with anything, and my heart nearly burst with joy hearing Blythe's sweet testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment