Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dance Wraps Up

Blythe had a delightful dance concert this morning.  She has had a great time in her dance class and we are all sorry it has come to an end.  We got to go on Thursday for family observation day, and then today was her final performance.  Today's performance was at BYU in the Richard building, on a stage with lights and everything.  The place was packed, I was far away, and so although I began to take video, I gave up because we couldn't see anything.  I did get lots of video on Thursday during class and will probably include pictures from that later, but for the moment, here are pictures of our lithe and lovely Blythe dancing, as well as those in her class.

These pictures are not very good.  Blythe is rarely still, especially at dance, so they are blurry.  But hey! She is delighted to see herself in motion, so that is worth something.

Blythe is making an interesting starting shape.



This one is not bad.

Blythe is marching as Miss Camilla sings "The Grand Old Duke of York."

Lots of movement!



See?  Even when she is mostly still, some body part is still in motion.

It was Blythe's turn to be line leader.

Intently watching at the learning mat. 

She got to do a winged fairy dance.

Blythe was somewhat bothered that the wings didn't stay up like she wanted.


Blythe's class.
Miss Camilla, Blythe, Lucy, Ellie, Ashlyn
Mika, Sophie, and someone (Blythe can't remember her name)

Grandma Dawn couldn't come to today's performance, so she came on Thursday.
She even brought Blythe flowers.

Blythe's class was one of four performing today.  They are the youngest class and their number was called "I Am . . ."  In the song, the girls are princesses twirling, cowgirls galloping, astronauts jumping from crater to crater, and other things, demonstrating all the dance skills they have learned this year.  It was so cute.  Watching Blythe dance so gracefully made me cry.  As she began to move to the music, my eyes welled up and I had to choke back a sob.  She was so beautiful, moving freely and confidently, even joyfully.  Her body is strong and she is comfortable in her skin, and I loved it.  

As they have been learning different parts of their dance, Miss Camilla has had them draw a picture of what they are dancing.  On our way to lunch post-performance (both dance and birthday celebration), Blythe showed us all the pictures and told us what was happening.  I was flattered that I appeared with Blythe in many of the pictures, and I have vowed that I need to dance with my daughter more.  I have also vowed that Blythe will continue dance next year.

Here is the class post-performance.
Aren't they darling?
Miss Camilla gave them each a rose and suckers, as well as a book they created that goes along with their dance.
Miss Camilla, Sophie, Mika, Lucy, someone (name she can't remember)
Ellie, Blythe, and Ashlyn 

Blythe with her teacher, Miss Camilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment