Thursday, April 25, 2013

Two Days Without a Picture

Dare I say that for two days of our vacation I didn't take a picture?  How is that even possible?

After our hellish night in Paris and our flight to Spain, we took a taxi to the resort where we were staying and met up with our friend Andree Morel.  We were so excited to be there, and happy to be done with our travels for a while.  We had lunch, we visited lots and lots, we settled in, and we went for a swim in the indoor pool.  We went for dinner at a nearby Chinese restaurant (doesn't everyone eat Chinese when in Spain?), and eventually got to sleep.  I actually took one picture of the children as we walked to dinner.


That was Wednesday.  On Thursday, we slept late.  All of us.  It was nice to have nowhere to go after two long, long nights.  After brunch (we slept through breakfast), we went to rent a car and play on the beach.  I went for the car and then to get Andree, while Kent took the kids to the beach.  Kent didn't have the camera so there were no pictures at the beach for that day.  I spent a while driving around looking for Andree, and by the time we met up, we were sort of doing the hang around, and I didn't think to get the camera out of my bag.  When I climbed into bed I thought, 'A whole day of our European vacation without a picture.  Shocking!'   Oh well.  Both Wednesday settling in and Thursday getting "business" sorted out--not much note or picture worthy.  However, I made up for it in days that followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment