Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sickie Shark


Oh Brandt. What a silly you are. Several weeks ago, Mikayla sent me a reel of a woman in a shark blanket in the bathtub. She said, "Is this what you are planning on doing with your shark blanket?" I had no idea what she meant. The reel was funny, but I didn't know what it had to do with me. Then, while paying bills this month, I was looking at my Amazon purchases and saw that two shark blankets were on their way to my house. 

What?! I didn't order shark blankets. I quickly found out who had though. It was Brandt. When I asked him about them, he said he ordered one for him and one for Ruth, for Christmas. Nevermind that he'd purchased and gifted Ruth several other things already. I guess that didn't matter. 

The blankets arrived a few days ago and Brandt tried it on almost immediately. It drowns him, as a shark would do. Ruth apparently wore hers to breakfast with her dad and the server at Denny's thought she was about twelve. 

Brandt wasn't feeling well this morning and opted to watch church from home. As we were leaving, he was ensconced in his hair, pulling up the link to Zoom. He looked ridiculous. The song "Baby Shark" began running through my head, but instead of "baby shark" I was mentally singing, "Sickie Shark, do do do do do do, Sickie Shark, do do do do do do, Sickie Shark, do do do do do do, Sickie Shark."




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment