Saturday, April 29, 2023

Being with Alyson

A few days ago, Alyson Keenan Whatcott, my best friend from college, texted and asked if I would be interested in joining her for a performance of Verdi's Requiem which here sister was singing in. I love good music and I love even more being with Alyson who I only see rarely, so I quickly accepted her invitation.

I met Alyson at the point of the mountain, we had lunch, and then she, her sister, and I drove up to Salt Lake to Libby Gardner Hall for the performance. The music was fabulous, but the whole experience was made doubly fantastic by being with Alyson. She is such a dear friend. We have the kind of relationship where, even after years apart, you pick right up where you left off the moment you are reunited. We talked and talked and talked and talked and talked. I loved hearing about her family and the plans she and Jeff have for the near future. They are headed off on their second mission, having been called to Hong Kong. 

I was so glad Alyson invited me to join her for the requiem and for the wonderful time to be together. I'm so grateful for her friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment