Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Big Fish

Brandt and Isabella have both been heavily involved in the last production of the year, Big Fish. Brant has been doing all of the sound, and Isabella has been working hard backstage. She has been involved many more weeks than Brandt, and most days over the past six weeks she has been staying after school to help with rehearsals. We have heard lots of funny stories about the goings on backstage.

Performances have been this week and last, and Kent and I attended tonight. It was a fun show, with flying fish, a giant, thousands of flowers, and really touching scenes. The play made me cry. I love to see the children involved and enjoying their peers and their high school experience.

Here are some things Isabella had to say about Big Fish:

Everyone tried to teach me how to do the Alabama Stomp, but I could not pick it up for the life of me. It didn't make sense in my brain which is sad because it looks like a fun thing to do.

In addition to fish, there were lots and lots of flowers that we had to pick up during intermission. I still have nightmares about flower petals. (sobbing softly to herself) I can't look at daffodils now without trauma.  

I killed a ginormous spider, daddy long legs times 100, that dropped down from the ceiling behind Kaitlyn's head. I smacked it with my shoe and it made a very loud noise. We were certain everyone on stage and in the audience heard it. 

There was much dramatic recounting of all the things. Arms flailing, a bit of shrieking, some bodily convulsions. Isabella should be on the front of the stage, not in the back. 

Just off this bridge Isabella is standing on, to the right, Isabella and other backstage techies who were a part of the show, would lie on their backs and throw fish onto the stage at the end of the Alabama Stomp. 
It was Isabella's favorite part of the show.

Ruth and Isabella are picking up fish.

Brandt wearing his "fancy" shirt on the last day of the show.

Isabella standing by the box of Moutain Dew, and Brandt on the far right.
Yay for the techies!

No comments:

Post a Comment