Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter

Jesus has risen, Jesus, our friend.
Joy fills our hearts; He lives again.
Praises we sing to him, this Easter-time,
Jesus has risen, Savior divine.
Jesus has risen, Savior divine!

On this beautiful Easter Sunday, we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We attended church, Kent and I sang with the choir, and we rejoiced with our fellow saints in the resurrection of our Savior. I was spiritually uplifted; my soul was fed.

This afternoon we gathered with the DeMartinis for dinner and an egg hunt. Isabella did not come to dinner, so this afternoon, after church, we had an egg hunt for her in our backyard. The DeMartini children had a marvelous time hunting eggs together. We even made the big kids do it. It was a treat to be together, and the food was delicious. Bryan set up a volleyball net in the front yard and we played a bit of ridiculous volleyball together, big and small people alike.

I am always especially grateful at Easter time for the promise of rebirth. I miss my loved ones who have died, my dad, my grandparents, and other dear friends and family members. I am grateful to know I will see them again. My father will embrace me in his strong arms, and we will laugh together again. That joyful future reunion is made possible by my older brother, my friend, my savior, Jesus Christ.





I'm not sure if Guy and Brandt are looking for eggs or something else.
I'm fairly confident no one hid an egg that high up.






The DeMartini children
Missing Isabella and Donovan




That's a serious volleyball stance.


I bought a "decorate your own cookies" kit from Justine Banks.
Isabella and I decorated cookies and then ate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment