Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ring in the Birthday!

It's New Year's Eve, but more importantly, it's Mikayla's birthday, her 34th this year. I wanted it to be a good birthday, so with Guy, I planned several surprise activities to try and make it special.

This afternoon, Mikayla and I went to get a pedicure. I had hoped we could get frozen yogurt just around the corner, but they were closed. Instead, we went to Coldstone for ice cream. Rather than heading home, I had arranged for adults to meet us at Teppanyaki for dinner. Eugene and Sharae, Kent, Christopher and Tysen, and Guy of course, all celebrated. 

After a brief pause, we gathered at Mikayla and Guy's for more food, games, and general birthday fun with Clay and Jill and their kids, Eugene and Sharae and kids, Brandt and me, and a Blythe and Kent who both make a brief appearance and then went away. 

I'm getting old so the staying up until midnight doesn't really work for me anymore. I came home and was in bed in time to hear the fireworks someone in the area was shooting off. 

Here's to the new year, 2023!



No comments:

Post a Comment