Friday, January 14, 2022

"Potty Potty Potty . . . "

This is not a brilliant picture of me

Since I am now working all the time in Provo, I've been stopping by Mikayla's house in the mornings to help her and her people get the day going. I'll do a small chore, help feed people, and walk the children to school. Then I leap in the car and make it to work by 8:45. I think it will be terrific. 

This morning when I went over, Freya and Thea were just getting up. Freya had a dry diaper. I said, "Oh Freya! Do you need to go potty? Let's go potty on the toilet." She has been interested in sitting on the toilet, unlike Thea who is scared and doesn't want anything to do with it. Freya said, "Ok!" so we rushed into the bathroom and set her on the toilet. I got a couple of books to read to her while she was there, mostly to keep her engaged while she let her body do its thing. Thea likes a story and is always interested in what's going on, so she came in too and sat on my leg while I perched on the squatty potty. So uncomfortable! 

We had a successful result. Freya peed in the toilet! This was the first time, and she was so pleased with herself. I sang the "Potty, potty, potty" song and Mikayla and I praised her like crazy. We asked Thea if she wanted to try, too. "NO!" was her emphatic response.

Just for posterity, the "Potty, potty, potty" song goes like this:

Potty, potty, potty, toilet, toilet, toilet, Freya (insert child's name) goes potty on the toilet. Potty, potty, potty, toilet, toilet, toilet, Freya is a big girl now! WOO! 

No comments:

Post a Comment