Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A "New" Job

I have started a new job. Sort of. I'm still doing the same job, being a teller for Zions Bank, but I have taken a full-time permanent position at the Provo University Branch. I have said to myself that if I was ever going to take a permanent position, I would want it to be close to home, in either Provo or Orem, so that I wouldn't have a long commute. I've gotten my wish. The University Branch is six minutes from home, if I hit both major lights between home and work, and only four minutes if I make both lights. I will be able to go home for lunch every day and will have more time in the mornings so I don't have to rush out the door to drive someplace far away. I'll most likely always be home before 5:30, and because it is my "neighborhood" branch, I will know many of the clients who come in regularly. I interviewed about ten days ago on a day when I was working at the University Branch and was offered the job the same day. I was somewhat reluctant to say yes initially because one of the tellers is young and has a high-pitched voice that sort of drives me crazy, but I think we'll be able to work well together. I quite like the manager, Amy Morris, and the assistant manager, Tyler Thompson. I have worked with him previously, but not really with her. I figure if I'm going to be working in banking, I might as well make the best of it.

*Post-edit: After working at Provo University for a month, I can say that I am very happy there. Amy is terrific, my fellow teller I was worried about, Cinder, has been just fine, and I really like being close to home. I have also been going over to Mikayla's house most mornings to help her get kids out the door for school and do a bit of cleaning, whether unloading and loading the dishwasher, starting a load of laundry, or even vacuuming a room. I have been glad to have the chance to help her, even if my efforts are not huge. It's fun to see her little people in the mornings and to give her a hug. It has been a blessing to be at the branch permanently. If I had my way, Tyler would get a managerial position somewhere else, and I could move up to be the assistant manager. But I'm going to be content with where I'm at for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment