Monday, January 4, 2021

To Jesus

 As I put Christmas decorations away on Saturday, I cleaned too--dusted, vacuumed, mopped. With Kent's help, we also pulled out the desk and reorganized all the electrical cords. I cleared off the desk, dumping everything on the library table, just to get it off the flat surface to dust and sort. The sorting part happened today. 

While throwing away papers and cards and paper stuff, I came upon a card addressed To Jesus. It was a card I wrote some time away, like years. I opened it and found my testimony inside. I want what I wrote to be available to posterity, and as this will eventually get into our family yearbook, I'm going to include it here. 

Dear Jesus,

My paltry words will be inadequate to express the gratitude I feel for all I enjoy from you. I am so imperfect, so far from being worthy to return to the presence of God, and yet the possibility is there through the atonement. Every day I fall short, but I can repent and obtain glory and return home, because of you. You are patient, loving, and willing to forgive every time I ask. Because of you, I get to be resurrected and be with those I love again. I can think of no greater gift--the sting of death swallowed up in a glorious reunion. Your example of loving and nurturing helps me want to be better, helps me see that I can do more and be more and hope for more. I know your atoning sacrifice made all that, and more, possible. Thank you for the beautiful world, my beautiful family, and a truly beautiful life.

Your sister in faith and hope,

Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment