Friday, January 29, 2021

New Hairdo, or A First!

 Blythe came to me recently, showed me this picture, and said, "Could I get my hair done like this?" Hair is hair. It grows, it gets cut, it can be changed up a million different ways. I told her I didn't care if she did this, but I didn't really know how to help her, and usually getting your hair colored was very expensive. So if we could find a way to do it without it costing $75, I would fully support her. The last time she got her hair cut, Kent took her to Renaissance Academy. I called to see how much it would cost to have her hair done there, and it turns out, it's very reasonable. So we made an appointment, and today, Blythe had her hair dyed. 


Well . . . perhaps I should say, today Blythe had her hair bleached. The young woman who did her hair, Bailey, did a fine job with what she did. She bleached Blythe's hair. However, there was no additional step. No ash blonde or gray color was added. She didn't do very much hair, either, so the effect Blythe was going for wasn't quite realized. We made a follow-up appointment to try again. 

Having said all that, I will also say that Blythe likes the change in hair color. She likes the warm blonde color that was the result of the bleaching. She is content, for the moment. In fact, when I asked what she has to say about her hair, she said, "I love it!" But she was really hoping for something else, so we'll try again.

Before.
Although Blythe's hair is much lighter at the ends, that is natural color.

The process begins.

Blythe has a lot of hair.
Not enough was bleached, so it's hard to see the blond under all the dark.



Heat to help set the bleach.

That is very yellow hair!


The end result.
Lovely, but not ash gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment