Thursday, December 3, 2020

Throwback Thursday

 Aunt Darlene sent the Hare Family annual Christmas card with family picture, and this year, she included extra pictures. Maybe she's been sorting through boxes of photos, maybe she's trying to purge, maybe she just thought it would be fun to send some pics we haven't seen in years (if ever). Here is what I received.

Me and John Kartchner, a fellow Swiss missionary.
Taken in July 1993.
He is from Arizona and came to Provo to visit me.
John really liked me.
I found, in real life, that we didn't have much to talk about.

Two pictures from Christmas Adam (December 23), 1996.
We are at Aunt Georgianne and Uncle Lauren's house for a Christmas dinner.
It is Michael Dalzen's (next to me) birthday (I think).
Below, Kent is talking to Trey Hare.
Not a brilliant picture of me.
What am I doing with my mouth?

Fourth of July 1997.
Kent and I had been married two years.
I'm wearing the same overalls I was wearing on the Fourth of July in 1993 in the picture with John.
We look thin.

25 November 1999
Thanksgiving at Georgianne and Lauren's.

30 March 2002
Georgianne, Grandma Hare, me and Kent
I don't know what the occasion was for our gathering.
That's a great velour pantsuit Grandma is wearing.

Christmas or maybe Thanksgiving 2010.
Brandt was four, Blythe two.

Me and Blythe at the cemetery the day we buried my dad.
5 August 2011
I wish Darlene had sent me ten pictures of him.

Date on the back of the picture is 4 January 2013
Makes me think this was a Christmas picture from 2012, but hard to say for sure.
I am, however, confident that those are two really cute kids!

Christmas time 2016
It had been a long time since we had gathered as cousins, so I invited my women to come for lunch.
We had a lovely time!
These are good people and I love them.
Many thanks to Aunt Darlene for the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment