Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve

I worked today, though I was finished by about 2:00pm. I sort of volunteered to help someone else, but told my boss that I really wanted to go home and be mom. Nice to work, but nice to be done early. 

Normally, on Christmas Eve, we are with both DeMartinis and Barri. We were with DeMartinis last night, and decided, in consultation with others, that we wouldn't gather with the Barri as we usually do. D*!n Covid. Not really Covid, but government people blowing everything out of proportion. So we were not going to have our large family gathering. 

We refused, however, to not celebrate. Instead of going elsewhere, we brought the party home. We invited my mom, Lee, Cammie, and Aaron, Richard Ledford, and Saneh and Willie Echols to join us for dinner. We had our typical ham and cheesy potatoes, plus fruit, salad, rolls, and trifle which Saneh brought. We ate and talked and laughed together, sending people off into the night after a lovely time together. 

Kent and I had a bit of wrapping and Christmas morning preparations to complete, but got to bed at a reasonable hour. Blythe insisted she was going to wake us all at 5:00am, but I told her I would return all her presents if she did that. I'm glad the thrill of Christmas lives on.

The only picture I took.
Foodstuffs
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment