Tuesday, January 7, 2020

ALL at the Temple

Since we took Brandt to the temple for the first time, I've eagerly anticipated the day when we could ALL go to the temple at the very same time.  We've talked about it with Blythe and tried to get her excited about the prospect.  I've promised road trips to temples throughout the state, with other activities in the area, as teasers to the wonderfulness of the temple.  We've born our testimonies about the sweet spirit we feel when we are there, and how strongly we feel the love of Heavenly Father when we are in his house.  At long last, with the new year, Blythe is able to attend.  She had an interview with the bishop on Sunday, but she had to wait until January 1st to get her recommend.  We picked it up and planned a trip almost immediately.  Sadly, Brandt was not feeling well last week, so we had to delay our trip until today. 

It was such a treat to be all together in the temple.  Like being with my mom and most of my siblings a few weeks ago, it was so sweet to be there, all of us, a complete family.  I find such great joy in seeing the children progress in the gospel.  And I'm so happy to report that Blythe loved it and asked if we could go to the temple every two weeks. 

In addition to the wonderfulness of being in the temple all together, I also had the added blessing of being there with my best friend from college, Alyson Keenan Whatcott.  Alyson and Jeff are on a mission in New Zealand, but her mother died just after Christmas, and they are here for the funeral and to visit family.  She and I had a lovely lunch together and talked and talked and talked.  She was planning on going to the temple, we were too, so she joined us.  It was such a treat to see her after many years.  She's one of those friends it feels like I was with yesterday, even after a long time apart.  





No comments:

Post a Comment