Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Last?

Brandt spoke today in Primary.  He did a fine job preparing, coming up with the ideas and writing most of it, with a bit of fine tuning help from me.  I'm wondering if this will be the last time he speaks in Primary.  Maybe not.  His birthday isn't until July, but there are a lot of kids in Primary, and this may be it for him.  The next time he speaks in church it may be in sacrament meeting!  Here's his talk.  The theme was "I can be a missionary now."

Full-time missionaries leave home for two years or 18 months to serve where they are called.  I'm not old enough to go a mission right now, but I can be a missionary now. 
Missionaries serve others.  I can serve my family, neighbors, and friends.  Some of our family and friends don't have the gospel.  Service is a kind deed that makes others happy and helps them.
I can invite people to scouts.  The scout motto is "Do a Good Turn Daily," and "A scout is friendly."
I can set a good example.  When people see our good example, they will want to know more about what makes us happy and kind.
I can also study the gospel.  I can read the scriptures and conference talks, and pay attention in my church classes.
Finally, I can ask people if they want to know more about the gospel and pray for them.

I know the Church is true.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment