Friday, August 8, 2014

Outdoor Movie Night

Last year Mikayla and I talked about having an outdoor movie night.  She had seen cute treats on Pinterest and wanted all the DeMartinis to get together, mostly so she could put together snacks.  It didn't happen.  Things kept coming up, the summer ended, and that was that.  But this year we put it on the calendar and made sure we got together.  We met at our house, mostly because our backyard is on the east side of our house and the sun is blocked.  It is also large enough to accommodate all of us and we have a big picture window we hung a sheet across, plus Kent has the key to the church's closet where the projector is kept (he's the audio/visual guy in the ward), so we had equipment.  Mikayla brought the treats, we all brought blankets, and together we watched The Secret of Nimh.  It was a late night with sugar overload, but it was super fun and we determined we would make it an annual tradition.



It is at this point that my picture are not so swell.
I want to capture fun action shots, but my camera can't keep up.
I either need to upgrade the camera or lower my expectations.

Preparing.
Kent is working on the projector.

The cousin, getting ready to watch the show.
I'm not sure which picture is better.
Neither is tremendous.

At the concessions stand.


Brandt spent the whole movie on a hard chair next to the projector.
He wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly.
He is a boy who likes to be in charge.

Blythe and her animals are getting situated.
And speaking of animals in situ, below is Kila, snuggled up in the pillows waiting for the show to begin.
I'm not sure if she liked the movie or not.
She didn't say.


In this picture, Lyla is sitting in her place with her treats.
In reality, she spent most of the movie sitting in my lap, eating my treats and unfolding parts of the four loads of laundry I folded while we watched.
Does that make sort of a party pooper?
I watched the whole movie, I just got my laundry taken care of while I did it.
Tysen and Sharae were both a bit on the jealous side that I got so much done and they didn't.

Getting ready.
In the foreground, you can see part of the mess from our deck project.
Not having a deck makes it very difficult to get in and out of the house.
Groan.




Sharae, Kent, me, and a large basket of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment