Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Canoeing at Tibble Fork 2014

Today we went for our annual canoe trip.  Have I mentioned how much I like to canoe?  Something about being out on the water of a mountain lake, with the sun shining down and Cheetos on the shore to munch on just makes me happy all over.  I love to paddle around with the kids, let them oar and steer, and be in nature.  I began to panic in the middle of July when I realized that we hadn't gone yet and the summer was more than half over and I wasn't sure when we could fit it in, but I wanted it to happen and so did others, so we looked at the calendar, made a plan, and I reserved canoes.  

Joining us this year were Eugene and Sharae and their kids, Tysen with Ava, Crew, Griffin, and Lyla (Christopher wrenched his knee last night during a softball game, so he stayed home with Rowen and nursed his leg), Lacy and her kids Maddy, Mazie, and Ellie, Heidi, Simon, and Jack plus Connor Phillips, and Kent and George who is with us for a few days and who drove up to have a bit of lunch and enjoy the scenery.  I had rented four canoes so everyone had a chance to be out as much as they wanted, no one was really forced to wait on shore, and we were all practically on the lake the whole time we were there (minus the moments we were eating Cheetos).  I can hardly wait to do it again next year.

My fellow canoers, Griffin, Ellie, and Blythe

Brandt and Crew in their own canoe.
Although neither of them are very old or very big, they did a great job getting themselves all around the lake.

Lacy, Lyla, and Tysen




My canoers and Crew and Brandt who was holding on to our canoe and wouldn't let go.
Blythe whined until Brandt finally let go.

Makenna and Blythe





Isn't it beautiful?!

George, Heidi, and Kent
As a side note here, Heidi brought up some hotdogs to cook over coals.
There was no grill to cook them on, so Heidi expertly improvised, placing a cookie sheet she brought
right on the coals and then grilling the hotdogs that way.
They created a most delicious smell and we all felt compelled to eat one, even me, and I don't like hotdogs.
It was the crisp mountain air mixed with slightly burnt hotdog.
Nothing like it apparently.




Sharae, Luke, Collin, and Eugene


Crew, Makenna, Blythe, and Blake


Brandt and me



No comments:

Post a Comment