Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of School

Check out these big, attractive, and fun kids, off on their first day of school.  The summer came to an end far too quickly, but I think we're all ready to get back to a regular routine.  Far too much of the summer "routine" has been "turn on the TV, sit in front of the TV, watch the TV, demand the occasional snack.  Repeat."  

The kids are excited about their new teachers whom we met last night.  Blythe has Ms. Medaris, Brandt's first grade teacher.  She is wonderful and I know Blythe will have a great year.  Brandt has Mrs. Lee who was selected as an Outstanding Educator a couple of years ago.  She does lots with music which will be great for Brandt who loves music.  We are excited for both of them.





Kent and I both walked to school with the kids today, and Brandt felt that he was old enough to get them both home.  He collected Blythe at the end of the day and they walked home together.  I heard them talking as they walked up to the house, but as I greeted them, Blythe said, "Mom, I don't want to walk home alone." 

"You didn't walk home alone," I replied.  "You walked with Brandt." 

Blythe said, "I know, but I want you to walk home with me."  So it looks like I will continue to go and meet the children after school, which is really fine.  I enjoy hearing about their day as we stroll home together.  

Having both children in school full-time means that my days will be opening right up, but I know I will have lots and lots and lots of things to do, not least of which is catching up with blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment