Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Note

Everyday I include a little note in Brandt's lunch.  They are not long or elaborate in any way, just a little something he can read.  I might write a little poem, include the week's spelling words, or tell him what a great kid he is.  At the beginning of the year, Brandt had Ms. Medaris read them with him, but now he just reads them himself, or he doesn't read them until our walk home or the next morning while I am preparing that day's lunch.

This morning, all on his own, Brandt decided he should write me a note.  He posted it on the bulletin board next to the calendar, and proudly pointed it out to me.  Here it is, in all its glory.

I suppose I should be pleased that Brandt spelled everything correctly, but I do wish, in this respect, he wasn't such a boy.

2 comments: