Saturday, November 17, 2012

In Charge


I had to run over to Mikayla's (just across the field) and pick her up so she could take our car for the evening.  We had been out and about and the kids had just piled out of the car and didn't really want to get back in.  Knowing I would truly be but a moment, I said to Brandt, "I'm going to go get Mikayla who will bring me right back home.  I'll be right back."

"OK," he replied.  There was just a brief pause and then he said, "Does that mean I'm in charge?"

It made me laugh when he said it and it made me laugh again writing it.  I agreed that he was in charge and he said, "AWESOME!"

I was probably gone about three minutes and when I walked back in the door, Brandt was still on the couch watching TV and Blythe was still upstairs, right where I had left them.  "Is everything ok?" I asked.

Brandt said yes, and when I asked how it had been to be in charge, he said, "Good."

I think we have been watching too much Phineas and Ferb.  And if you watch too, you'll know exactly what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment