Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dinner Al Fresco

The Tanners rented a cabin in Midway for a week, and they invited us to join them for dinner on Friday evening (not last Friday, but a Friday.  I am a bit behind in my blogging.).  It was lovely.  The weather was perfect, the view was great, the company fantastic as always, and dinner was delicious.

As we were sitting out at the table looking at the surrounding scenery and some dead aspen trees, Kent said, "If you get those dead trees rocking, you can push them over."

Heidi immediately said, "Okay.  Let's do it."  She stood up and I joined her.

Kent followed but said, "You can't push trees over; it's too dangerous.  If you insist, I'll do it."

We did, so he did.  He pushed over two, much to everyone's delight.  I got great pictures and some wonderful video.



Brandt, Simon, Blythe, and Jack
These are super cute kids.

Kent, Blythe, Simon, Heidi, Darren, Jack, Brandt
I was there too.  
I am taking the picture.

The view from the cabin.

Watching Kent push over trees.

Kent's efforts inspired the boys to try the same. 
Thing is, they selected a tree that is still alive.
Unlike Kent, they were unsuccessful.

No comments:

Post a Comment