Saturday, January 28, 2012

Playing Barber

Yesterday afternoon, Blythe dragged me upstairs to her bedroom.  She had put two stools together, covered them with her blanket, and spread out every hairbob, clip, and flower we own, then told me she wanted to play barber.  She wanted all the hairbobs in her hair, and though her hair is short, it is long enough for little piggies.  I set her on the floor and did her hair with lots of hair bobs.  Lots.  Here is the result.




I really thought these piggies would last about three minutes (if we were lucky).
Instead, Blythe kept them in for almost three hours.
She did come to me, however, and said, 
"Mom, will you take these out?
These hairbobs are bugging me."

The play didn't stop there.  Next, Blythe wanted to be the barber with me as the patron.  She had me sit down and then she did my hair.  She sprayed my hair with water, combed and brushed, blow dried, and then finished with a flower.  The best, however, was the conversation we had as she worked.  In a low, masculine voice, Blythe said, "Hello.  How are you?"  After a pause, she said, still in the low voice, "Do you like princesses?  Who is your favorite princess?"  I told her I liked Mulan, and when she didn't know who she was, I gave her a bit of an explanation.  Then I asked her, "Do you like princesses?" 

Still in her growly voice, she replied, "No.  I don't like princesses.  They wear make over and I don't like make over."  

Too funny! Here are my results.


Blythe took this picture of me.

2 comments:

  1. She is so darling! I love the part where she lowered her voice to have a conversation with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlyn,
    Everything she knows about hair she learned from you. You are a great teacher. Thanks for the cute pixie!

    ReplyDelete