Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Painted Hussy

Blythe is a girl, through and through.  She loves "makeover" (makeup) and will climb on the bathroom sink to watch me put mine on whenever she catches me in the act which isn't often because I hardly ever wear makeup anymore.  She always wants to put on makeover herself, and I do let her put on powder with a tickler (a pouffy brush).

Today I was downstairs working with Brandt and heard very little from upstairs.  When I went up to investigate, I found my makeover spread out across the bathroom floor, and heard Blythe running off to hide somewhere.  When she appeared after a few minutes, this is how she looked.  To her credit, she is getting better at putting on the makeover.  The eye shadow is mostly on her eyes, the blush was where it should be, and the lip treatment is almost only on her lips.

She said to me, "Mom, do I look beautiful?"
Of course she does, but I continue to tell her that she is beautiful with no makeover at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment