Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Child of God

As I was preparing dinner yesterday, Brandt came into the kitchen, got a chopstick out of the drawer, and said, "Mom, let's listen to some music.  I want to conduct."  I pulled out a BYU Men's Chorus CD entitled Shout With Glory and turned on the song "Child of God."  It is an upbeat, fun song with tambourine and clapping and wonderful piano accompaniment.  It is a song to dance to.  Brandt turned up the volume and conducted from a chair while Blythe and I danced around the kitchen shaking our stuff.  It was fun!

The song ended and Brandt hit the back button so we could listen and dance again.  And again.  Kent came home during our fourth listen and danced around the kitchen too.  All told, Brandt played "Child of God" eight times.  He would have played it a ninth, but Kent and I both felt eight was enough.  For us at least.  Wonderful music.  Here is BYU-I Men's Chorus singing the same song.  It is a lousy recording, probably from someone's phone, but it gives you a general idea of the catchy-ness of the tune.  I have had it running through my head all day.

Brandt, our maestro


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that song. Our high school men's choir sings it every year. It's great! Great picture--you all dancing in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete