Friday, August 27, 2010

A Day with the Animals

"Take your children to the zoo.  They may make you an offer."
Even if they made me an offer, could I possibly accept?

We went to the zoo today with Tysen and her children (less Lyla who stayed home with her dad), plus Lacey, Andrew, Cooper, Mark, and Ty.  It was a lovely day--hot and sunny.  Tysen's children were fairly whiny, cry-y, and bad.  In contrast, my children were exceptionally well-behaved so I didn't get a single offer for them.  It's a wonder Tysen didn't have multiple offers for hers.  I think the monkeys would have rejected them as too wild.  We did ride the train (Brandt's favorite part of the zoo) and the carousel.  This was the first time both Brandt and Blythe rode an animal, but it happened by default; someone else sat in the peacock chair before we got there.  They liked the gentle up and down motion.  
Cooper, Andrew, Mark, Griffin, Blythe (with her back turned), and Brandt

Katherine, Crew, Brandt, Ava, and Blythe
We had to sit in the back.
Brandt is getting ready to call, "All aboard!"

We also watched the elephant "show" where zoo trainers come and talk to us about the animals.  The baby elephant was extraordinarily cute.  I think my baby boy was pretty cute too.  He walked up and down the aisles saying, "I work at the zoo," telling people the elephant show was starting soon. If Brandt adds zoo worker to his list of future jobs, he will be a zoo keeping maestro who drives PUS (that's UPS at our house) trucks on the side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment