Friday, September 29, 2023

Sister Date

Nate Bargetze is a clean comedian, clips of whose work is all over Instagram. He's funny. He was coming to Salt Lake and Sharae got tickets for tonight's performance for her birthday which is tomorrow. Because we work until 6:00 on Fridays, she decided that she and Eugene would go tomorrow, and she offered her tickets for tonight. I eagerly accepted and asked Mikayla to join me. She eagerly accepted and off we went tonight. I was able to get off work early, so it was less of an issue for me than it would have been for Sharae.

Nate really is a hoot. He talked about marriage, parenting, dealing with aged parents, neighbors, and getting older. The great thing about comedy is the way it pokes fun at reality and brings to light the silliness in situations that might not seem very funny at all.

Even better than seeing Nate and the two comedians who warmed up for him, I got to spend the whole evening with my sister. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed, even without Nate. It was a terrific evening!

We were waaaaaaaay far away from the stage
but we could hear just fine.

Besties

No comments:

Post a Comment