Saturday, September 23, 2023

Mom's 75th Birthday

Today is my mother's 75th birthday. Seventy-five is a big deal! Three quarters of a century means that you've lived a long time. Although we have determined that you aren't officially old until you turn eighty, 75 is a respectable age. We wanted to celebrate in some way with her, but she wasn't very keen on doing a big bash of any sort. In the end, Kent and I took her to see Catch Me if you Can at the Hale Theater.

After the play, we met up with adult DeMartinis to have dinner. We went to Edna's, a restaurant Christopher thinks is terrific. The food was good to a greater or lesser degree, depending on what one was eating. What was terrific was the company and being able to celebrate Mom. We had her share some of the highlights of her life. 

I love my mom. She is a tremendous blessing in my life. Over the course of my life, she has taught me by example to be faithful in the face of adversity, to work hard, and to love others. I know she is on my team, whatever happens, in any circumstance. Her love has been key to my growth and continued well-being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment