Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Office Upgrade

The Nelson's next door had a yard sale. I was happy that, looking over all of their stuff as I helped them haul it out, I didn't really want any of it. Well, I did find some pots for plants. They had four white pots with a cute pattern on them that I thought would be nice in my office with little plants growing in them. I bought them and then it took me weeks to get around to getting plants to put in them. We went to the dentist the other day and on our way home, we stopped at Lowe's and bought four plants to put in the four pots. Each plant was different.

As I was making selections with some input from the children, Isabella said, "Oh, you've got emotion support plants, just like me." I told her I thought it was ridiculous that a grown woman would need an emotional support plant, and that my clients would be concerned about trusting me with their money if I needed an emotional support plant. She was insistent, however, and gave a name to each of the plants. I potted them when I got home, and she surreptitiously attached name labels to each of the plants. 

The plants in pots look really cute in my office. I set three of them on the credenza next to my desk and the fourth on my receipt printer by the window. I rearranged the pictures Mikayla gave me when I got my new job and had my own office, and I'm really pleased with how cute they look. They have added a touch of green growing interest to my office. While I did not remove the names Isabella attached to each one, I have turned the pots so the names don't show.

My credenza
Plants from left to right: Audry, Ted, and Pipsqueak
Grandma Norma not pictured as she is on the other side of the office.
The basket next to the picture of me and Mik contains Tootsie Rolls,
my treat for those who come into my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment