Saturday, November 19, 2022

Temple Worship

Mikayla is working on a certificate through the Pathways program, and while enrolled, she has to take Institute classes. She asked me if I would respond to a question about the temple. Here is the prompt and my response.

Please talk about specific blessings received from receiving temple ordinances and participating in temple worship. How do you feel God's love by attending the temple.


I was endowed prior to leaving on a mission. I felt blessed to be able to go abroad, away from the safety of family and those I loved, wearing garments. They made me feel protected. I have felt strengthened physically by the promises made in the initiatory ordinance. I am extraordinarily grateful for the sealing ordinance. Our children are adopted and their sealing days, as well as my own wedding and sealing day, were some of the best days of my life. I felt God's love for me and my family so strongly, knowing He provided a way for us to be together forever. Participating in family sealing sessions when we have done proxy sealings for deceased family members has filled me with joy and rejoicing knowing I am giving ancestors that same blessing of being part of a forever family. 

For many years I have attended the temple weekly. Being in the Lord's house regularly has helped me stay on the covenant path and has given me spiritual strength I badly need. Even when life is a mess, I feel peace when I am in the temple. I have received answers to difficult questions as I have sought direction and inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment