Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Lights On at Zions Bank

 Apparently for decades, each Zions Bank branch has sponsored a Lights On event wherein a local elementary school is invited to make Christmas ornaments, then bring to the bank at a set time and decorate the branch's tree. The school is then given $100 as a Christmas present. As I am the only one in our branch who lives locally and has any tie to an elementary school, my boss Dave turned this event over to me and said, "Take care of this." I reached out to Seth Hansen, the principal at Rock Canyon, and invited participation. 

Mikayla is the PTA President this year, so I had an inside scoop into whether or not my invitation was being received. Seth didn't send it out until about three days ago, so I wasn't anticipating we would get huge turnout. Dave bought cookies and chocolate milk, I made everyone put on festive headwear, and we waited with great anticipation for anyone to arrive.

Mikayla came with all her kids and cute decorations they had made. Corene Jensen also came, bringing Chase and Kai who know me mostly from substituting in Primary as the music leader and who had made darling Perler bead ornaments. Because I always sing with them, I had us sing a couple of Christmas carols, we all ate cookies, and that was that. Seven total children from two families. I love those who came so I was happy with the turnout. I'm fairly certain the children were happy with the turnout too because there were plenty of cookies for everyone to have several.

Me, Tyler Thompson, Dave Davis
Chase and Kai Jensen
All the Johnsens
Winston, the branch stuffed dog

If Freya weren't holding Winston, 
I would have thought he took this picture.
What a weird angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment