Saturday, April 30, 2022

While Mikayla is Away . . .

Mikayla is at Disneyland with her sisters-in-law, and today I helped Guy with the kids. Brick and Cora had soccer games, but Guy took them off to do stuff. Kal also had a soccer game, and I volunteered to take him and the girlies to that. So, this morning and into the afternoon, I had three of the five Johnsens. Freya and Thea and I watched Kal play, then we all came to my house. I had strawberries I wanted to make into jam, and I had the girls help me with that. They ran the Cuisinart and stirred sugar and berries together. We had a bit of lunch then went back to their house. I had them help me tidy up the family room upstairs, then we all vacuumed. It was warm out, so we went out to play in the street. Kal rode his bike, and the girls rode wiggle cars. They went up and down and up and down and up and down the hill, speeding down at break-neck speeds. I worried that would happen and we'd end up in the ER. Kal had a hard time stopping his bike and rode into the street in front of Rock Canyon, freaking both of us out. Fortunately, there were no cars coming down the road. We stayed on the safer side of the complex. 

I do love being with these little people. They are busy and active but easier in some ways than my own children. 










No comments:

Post a Comment