Thursday, February 17, 2022

Texts From Brandt

Brandt and I regularly exchange text messages.
Quite often, they make me laugh.
Here is a smattering of them.

He didn't.

 
I legitimately laughed out loud!


I was coming into Spicy Thai for dinner with Brandt, Blythe, and Kent
and Lee and Cammie.

When I began working, often the first thing Brandt would say to me when I got home was, 
"What's for dinner?"
No "Hello." No "Welcome home." No "I've missed you today."
One day I said, "It would be nice if, before you asked me what's for dinner, you said hello and
told me how much you love and appreciate me."
So now, every time Brandt wants to know what's for dinner, he always prefaces it with, 
"I love you and appreciate you" then immediately follows it up with "What's for dinner?"

  
Brandt went over to Guy and Mikayla's to play video games. 
He walked himself home.
He gave me a play-by-play, street-by-street update of his progress home.
Silly boy!

I'm glad likes me and is sad that I'm not home when he gets home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment