Saturday, February 12, 2022

Galentine's Dinner

A couple of weeks ago, Mikayla asked me if I wanted to host a Galentine's dinner with her. Of course, I did. We put together a list of invitees, a menu, and then went to Mom's house for a bit of pre-party cleaning. With Mom gone, her house is quiet and largely clean all the time, which means that there wouldn't be anyone to interrupt, and we could be there as long as we wanted. 

We prepared tri-tip steak, Gruyere potatoes, green salad, and asparagus, with chocolate pavlova for dessert. We also did a favorite things exchange. Everyone brought three of their favorite things, then we took turns drawing names so we went home with three things. I brought chips and queso and decks of cards because one of my favorite things to do is play games while snacking on yummy food. 

The evening was a fantastic success! In attendance was Maureen Ogles, Heidi Tanner, Elizabeth Elder, Kathryn Seamons, Andrea Blad, Corene Jensen, and Mikayla and me. We talked and talked and talked and laughed about life, ate the delicious food, and then retired to the living room where we talked and talked some more. I don't think our final guests left until nearly 11:00pm. I was glad Mikayla suggested we do it as I had a great time.


Mikayla decorated







No comments:

Post a Comment